Updated: Dec 21, 2018
We are looking to bring on board an Executive Assistant to work closely with the founder of UrbanEmerge and the partners to support our development at this pre-launch phase of our start-up.
This is a part-time role with flexible hours at 25–50% FTE (negotiable). The candidate must be based in the London area.
UrbanEmerge (www.urbanemerge.com) is a self-managed and purpose-driven development consultancy. We are reinventing how independent development consultants work by offering our Members the platform, tools and strategies for networking, collaborating in working-groups, conducting business development, and delivering quality projects.
We offer services to public, private and civic organisations in the field of sustainable urban, regional and organisational development. We help develop smart, sustainable, humane and inclusive cities that enable citizens to access greater opportunities, shared prosperity and social justice. We also assist organisations in becoming more agile and innovative in response to rapidly changing markets, new technologies and the evolving needs of their employees, stakeholders and the environment.
What you will do:
At this exciting and busy start-up phase of our organisation, we are looking to bring in a pro-active and entrepreneurial Executive Assistant to support the founder of UrbanEmerge (based in London) and our Partners (in China, Colombia, Spain, California and Canada) through the following activities:
· Using the Wix Editor, manage the websiteand Community Home — our members site designed to help members network, collaborate and access our full-suite of enabling resources.
· Support with our social media strategy, sharing our content, managing email lists, posting blogs and creating newsletters.
· Assist the Founder in day-to-day prioritisation and execution of tasks.
· Follow up with new members, answer questions or direct them to the right partner for meetings or Skype calls.
· Support organising our meet-ups and follow-up with on-boarding new members and networking.
· Support developing our network’s self-awareness through surveys, interviews, and data-gathering & analysis.
· Identify project opportunities from Portals we are registered on, share with potential Lead Consultants/Partners and support with uploading to our platform and team-building follow-up.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Great organisational skills, pro-active self-management and leadership skills.
· Excellent communication skills: enthusiastic participant in authentic dialogue and a deep listener.
· Entrepreneurial thinker (creative), positive energy and ‘anything-is-possible’ attitude.
· Our values, purpose and shared brand resonate with you.
· Based in London area with convenient access to Russel Square and Fulham Broadway.
Here’s what you will gain from this experience:
· Experience working closely with the Founder and Partners of an exciting technology start-up and development consultancy that is re-inventing how independent development consultants in this purpose-driven industry operate.
· Prioritising and leading on tasks and initiatives at the dynamic start-up phase of a promising new tech-business model.
· Brainstorming and co-envisioning the development of UrbanEmerge with the Partners.
· Social media and marketing experience with involvement from the strategy-development phase to execution.
· Hands on experience in discovering, inventing and experimenting with collaborative ways of working through self-management and distributed leadership (the cutting-edge of business models fit for the new economy).
· Join our Network, meet great consultants and explore how UrbanEmerge can enable you to meet your own professional goals and aspirations.
· Remuneration commensurate with experience and skills with an opportunity to participate in profit sharing.
- - -
For more information, contact Naji on 07414 88 36 41 or email email@example.com.
Please send your resume/bio/experience/website to firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter explaining why you believe you would be great for this role. You will hear back from us no later than Tuesday the 6th of November 2018 (by 5pm London time).
Thank you for your interest in this important role and exciting opportunity.